a semi-rural, mini-homestead on 1/2 acre in Vermont's Green Mountains

Fresh Eggs, Organic Rocks, Pick-Your-Own Weeds, Foolish Pursuits!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Books on order!

Two or three times a year I break down and place a multiple book order from Amazon.com. I hope they are not the Wal-mart of the book world, because I love their site and their service. Here's what should arrive in the mail next week! There are two more I am drooling over, I may succumb to tempation and order them too! The two foraging books maybe similar, and it's possible I may return one of them. We'll see. I have a fondness for donating books to my local library. Coming to a bookshelf near me soon:

The Complete Compost Gardening Guide: Banner batches, grow heaps, comforter compost, and other amazing techniques for saving time and money, and producing the most favorful, nutritious vegetables ever!  by Barbara Martin

The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants by
Samuel Thayer

A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs: Of Eastern and Central North America (Peterson Field Guide) by  Steven Foster, et al

 Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants by Steven Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment